Block paving is a type of driveway that consists of blocks of precast concrete or brick pavers. If you’re interested in installing a block paving driveway in Dublin, it’s important to note that these driveways can be made from concrete and clay pavers, as well as a variety of other materials.
Why Should You Choose Block Paving for Your Driveway in Dublin?
Block paving is a type of bricklaying that uses blocks, slabs or bricks to create a specific design. These pieces are held together by sand and cement to create a solid and sturdy structure. The patterns you choose can range from simple to intricate, depending on your preferences.
There are many reasons why you should choose block paving for your driveway; however, the major one is that this surface is long-lasting and durable. In addition, block paving gives your driveway a stylish look that increases the curb appeal of your property.
Before considering whether or not you should install it, there are some things you need to know about block paving:
You have multiple options when it comes to choosing the colour of your block paver.
Block pavers come in several different shapes and sizes, which means you have many options to choose from when selecting the design for your driveway.
You can use any kind of material for edging – including curbs – so long as it is strong enough to support the weight of vehicles driving over it on a daily basis (this will be more critical if you drive large vehicles). While this may sound complicated at first glance, block paving makes an excellent choice because there’s no reason why everything shouldn’t go smoothly during installation as long as proper care has been taken beforehand!
Pros of Block Paving for Driveways in Dublin
- Aesthetics: Block pavers can be used for a variety of patterns, so you’ll have plenty of options to choose from. You can use block paving for the entire driveway or just add in some pavers as an accent. Either way, it will look beautiful and add charm to your property.
- Durability: Block pavers are very durable and they don’t crack easily. They are made from concrete and they are also resistant to salt, water and acids. If you live in a place that gets cold weather during the winter months, then block paving is a good option because it doesn’t get damaged when the ice melts in the spring. This makes this type of pavement ideal for driveways in Dublin because there is frost almost every winter season.
- Low maintenance: Block paving requires little maintenance throughout its lifetime but you may need to hire professionals who specialise in servicing block paved driveways every couple of years if you want your pavement to last longer than 20 years. The experts will seal any cracks with sealant or epoxy resin before they spread out further into larger holes or breakages which could be more costly repairs down the road!
Cons of Block Paving for Driveways in Dublin
- Installing block paving on steep driveways. Block paving is not suitable for driveways that have a steep incline or decline. In these cases, the pavers may shift over time or move out of place, which can create an uneven appearance. Additionally, it can be quite difficult to repair a block paved driveway in this situation—it may require you to remove and replace the entire driveway itself, which will be costly and time consuming. Certain alternative materials are better suited for use on steep driveways than block paving is.
- Cost of installation. The cost of installing a block paved driveway in Dublin should also be considered before deciding whether or not this type of material is right for you. While some alternative materials are more expensive to install, others are cheaper;
- Difficulty with repairs. Finally, block paving may prove difficult to repair if any damage should occur at all—if your car scratches the surface of a paver, for example (which it likely will), you’ll need to replace that specific paver instead of simply filling the affected area like you’d do with asphalt or concrete materials
While there are pros and cons to having a block paving driveway in Dublin, it’s definitely worth considering block paving as the pros outweigh the cons. Block paving is a popular choice for driveways in Dublin, and it’s easy to see why. Here’s a recap of the advantages of block paving:
- It looks great: Block paving is available in a variety of attractive shapes, sizes, textures and colours. You can use it to create your dream driveway.
- It’s long-lasting: Block paving is durable and will stand up to the elements over time. With proper maintenance, it will last for years.
- It’s easy to maintain: Keeping a block paved driveway clean is simple; you simply need to sweep away any dirt or leaves that fall on it and occasionally spray down any weeds that sprout between the cracks with a weedkiller.
Are you thinking of having a block paving driveway in Dublin? Our experienced driveway pavers can help you! Call us now on 0852139591 or click here to request a quote!