A driveway is a key part of your home and can make it look more attractive to buyers. If you’re considering having a new driveway installed in Dublin, we have all the information you need to know about tarmac driveways in Dublin and how much they typically cost.
How Much Does It Cost to Pave Tarmac Driveways in Dublin?
In terms of cost, as compared to other types of driveways, tarmac driveways are somewhere in the middle. It’s more expensive than gravel but it’s much cheaper than block paving or concrete. So what is the average cost of a tarmac driveway in Ireland?
The cost of a tarmac driveway varies depending on the size of your property and how much work needs to be done. On the average, a tarmac driveway costs roughly €60 to €100 per square metre. This is inclusive of material costs and labour fees.
If you have a 60 square metre driveway, which is around the average size of driveways in Dublin, then the cost of tarmac driveway is around €3600 to €6000. You can get a more accurate estimate of the cost by contacting a professional driveway paving contractor and asking for a quote.
Choosing the Right Tarmac Driveway Contractor
Choosing the right tarmac driveway contractor for your project is crucial. You want to find a company whose experience and knowledge matches the scope of your project. This means they should have done several tarmac driveways in the past already.
You would also want to be certain that they’re going to do a good job and price it fairly. If you choose wisely, you’ll end up with a driveway or parking area that will last for decades through proper maintenance without needing repairs or resurfacing.
How Choose the Right Tarmac Driveway Contractor
To help ensure this outcome, here are some tips on how to choose a tarmac driveway contractor:
- Ask your friends if they have worked with a driveway contractor before. If yes, ask them if they had a good experience with the contractor. If they did, request for the contractor’s contact details.
- If your friends weren’t able to refer you to anyone, then you should look for one yourself. You can start by checking the internet to find contractors in your area.
- After you find contractors online, check out the reviews and references they have on their website. You may also ask them for references directly. If people have used them before and were happy with their work, then they’ll most likely give you good results too!
- Ask if they have any examples of previous work done in your area. This way, you can get an idea about what the quality of their work is.
- With the earlier steps, you can already shortlist the best contractors based on their experience and quality of work. The last step is for you to request for a quote from them and choose the one which is well within your budget.
We hope this guide has given you some clarity on how to choose the right tarmac driveway for your property, but if you have any more questions, our team of experienced professionals are ready to answer them. Call us at (01) 4851582 | 0852139591 or click here to reach us!